October 08, 2004

Changes

Well, here goes my first sojourn into the realm of blogging......This is a change from my normal means of communication, which usually consists of calling people or emailing them. I'm not certain if I'm evolving or simply following everybody else's lead in doing this, but I'm willing to see where the journey takes me! :)

Speaking of changes, I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning, and I commented to Josh that I could definitely notice a "pooch" in my abdomen, presumably from my now-ever-expanding uterus. "It's either that or I'm getting fat," I jokingly said.

"Yeah, it might be time to start exercising," he quipped back with the look in his eye that he gets when he's teasing me, at which I gave him my very best pout-and-whine, which I know makes him laugh but is usually guaranteed to make him come over and kiss me.

Seriously, though, I have noticed changes in my abdomen size over the last few weeks. Instead of mourning the loss of my nearly flat stomach, however, I an looking forward to the changes that are happening inside me. I may never have that stomach again of which I used to be so proud, but that's okay because these changes in body form are only a presage of the wonderful and miraculous changes that are going to happen in the life of me and the husband who loves to laugh teasingly at me!

2 Comments:

Blogger KYP said...

Cathy, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I thought your first post was very sweet, and I shall look forward to hearing about your experience with motherhood! If you want us readers to know how far along you are, Lenise had a little stuffed animal thingy that moved along the 40-week timeline--you might ask her where she got it. I think it was also kind of nice for her to have a visual representation of how far she'd come! Look forward to seeing you "back home"!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

Welcome to blogging! I can't wait 'til your growing pooch overtakes my (hopefully) still-shrinking one!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home