October 11, 2005

For my Baby Boy

I feel my heart swell with great love and joy
Whenever I see his angelic smile.
And when he falls deep asleep in my arms
I linger in the moment for a while.
He has me wrapped around his tiny finger.
His lauch is the sweetest sound to my ears.
I'd do anything to see him happy.
I want to cry, too, when I see his tears.
There's nothing quite like being a mother.
No other state could bring with it so much.
Love, fear, and hope are just the beginnings
Of what he brought with his very first touch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

That's so sweet!!!

Awww =] *Sniff*

Love,
Len

I have a cold, you know! ;)

8:55 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Thanks, Len! Hope you get over that cold soon! ;)

9:23 PM  
Blogger KYP said...

Cathy, I keep coming back to this post. I think personal poems like this are the best (forget sloppy "person I'm dating" poetry!)--so genuinely sweet and tender. Love!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home