October 29, 2005

Six Months

Jonah turned six months old on the 25th of this month. I can't believe it's been six months already since I first held my little guy in my arms. How different he is now! I am constantly amazed at the changes he's undergone in so short an amount of time, and I am so thankful that he is a strong and healthy little bundle of joy!

At his six-month checkup, our little man weighed in at 18 lbs 1 oz (65th percentile) and 27 inches long (75th percentile). His head circumference moved up from 50th to 75th percentile, so it would appear that his head is now catching up with the rest of his body! The doctor said that everything looked good. Of course, he then got his requisite four shots, which did not make him at all happy. I wasn't too happy either; I think I cried almost as much as he did as the shots were administered! He was a little cranky during the rest of the day and the following day, and he had a fever during the night after the shots were given, but I can't determine if that was all due to the shots or to teething or a combination of both. I'm pretty certain that teething played some part in his mood, though, because I discovered his first tooth poking up from his bottom gum on Thursday evening!

Jonah is now out shopping with Daddy for some necessary items, diapers included. I hope they come back soon because he is now almost an hour overdue for his next feeding, and he'll likely be getting tired and in need of a nap. Hurry, Daddy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lenise said...

Oooh. Teething is no fun! And if he's anything like Jay, watch out when you're feeding him! I got bitten a couple times each new tooth came in. My yelping was a pretty good deterrent after a time or two. Just don't watch any guillotine movies.

1:15 PM  
Blogger KYP said...

A tooth! He's growing up quickly! I got your message the other day, but have been too wiped out to call anybody--even my mom's had to do all the phoning of me. Cold, cold, cold and windy day at the market yesterday didn't help much either. But it was a good day, $-wise. Next week, I am supposed to work every day, Mon-Fri, 9-5, b/c the remaining secretary is going on vacation. I don't know when I am going to get to see you all! Maybe a 7ish dinner one evening? Let me know!
Love,

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home