February 14, 2006

Those Who Know Josh Will Appreciate This

Now that I've accumulated a few teasing points, I thought I'd share them. If you read this, honey, sorry but I just couldn't resist!

1) A few months ago, Josh and I were in the car getting ready to head out somewhere. Josh starts looking around the car, and I ask him what he's searching for.

"The headless," he replies.

"What?"

"The headless. You know, the thing you attach to the phone so you don't have to use your hands. Oh, wait."

2) When the batteries in Jonah's swing gave out, I told Josh we needed to get new ones. Josh takes out the old batteries and looks at the expiration date.

"This says these should be good through 2011," he says.

"That's the expiration date, dear, not the date through which they will actually work if you're using.them."

I should have explained that it's sort of like the date on milk cartons; the contents will be good up to that date, but if you're actually consuming the contents, it won't last until then.

3) A couple of weeks ago Josh was getting set to make lunch for us, one of those frozen pasta dishes that you just heat up in a skillet on the stove. He reads the description on the bag to me, "Shrimp, asparagus, and penne in a creamy tobato masil sauce. Oh, wait."

4) A couple of nights ago, Josh was reading an article to me regarding the accidental shooting of a hunting companion by Vice President Cheney. "....is in stable condition at Corpus Crispy.....Wait." It just goes to show that Josh probably had Krispy Kreme donuts on his mind, the bottomless pit!

Ah, it wouldn't be a true day of love if I couldn't tease my husband a little bit!

Happy Valentine's Day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lenise said...

We're LOL down here in NC. Paul liked the headless, but my fave was the expiration date. I sometimes wonder, though, if Josh isn't being dense just for effect. Naaah!

11:15 PM  
Blogger KYP said...

Those are great! Love! (And thank you again for dinner...how did yours turn out?)

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Headless. Yeah, um ... good luck with that whole "headless" thing, Josh. :-)

Hope all's well up north-ways!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Welcome to my blog, Thomas! I have yet again lost your phone number and email address (things seem to disappear when you throw little ones into the mix!), and I don't know if Len has had a chance to mention it, but we are coming down that way next weekend. If you still have our number give me a call so we can catch up!

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, OK, after reading Cathy's blog (as well as Len's and Christina's) for quite some time, I guess I can finally get up off my butt and start posting some comments. Now no hard feelings, honey, but I have to protest: "Headless" is a perfectly acceptable term ... or if it's not, there are at least others out there who are taking equal liberties with the English language: http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Motorola%20V120c%20Cell%20Phone:1990827005:page=user-reviews
To everyone else, I'm sure Cathy will keep you apprised of any future linguistic mangling on my part :)

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home