October 19, 2004

Differences of Opinion and Weight Loss

I sometimes wonder if Josh and I are the oddest couple among the people we know. I wonder about this because we rarely seem to agree on anything political, and we've gotten into numerous "debates" over the past few weeks. For example, he's seriously thinking about voting for John Kerry, while I am staunchly in the Bush camp, which would make it two presidential elections in a row where we have voted for different candidates. He thinks that the answer to defeating terrorists in the Middle East is to nuke some area where extremists are known to hide out, regardless of how many innocent people may happen to be in the wrong place at that time, in order to instill fear into the whole area, sort of in the same manner in which we dealt with Japan during WWII. I believe such a tactic would only exacerbate the problems we already face over there with religious extremists; in fact, I think we'd only wind up creating even more extremists over there, and that certainly can't be good.

On another topic altogether, I had my second prenatal doctor's appointment today, and it went very well. Blood pressure and urine were both fine. The doc couldn't pick up the baby's heartbeat using the little Doppler thing they have, but she said that was normal with the pregnancy still being in the early stage - we will definitely hear it next time. The only odd thing was that I had actually lost a pound between this appointment and my last. I know weight loss can be normal in women who experience morning sickness during the first trimester, but I haven't been sick at all. Plus, I feel like I've been eating more, I haven't really been exercising, and I have defintely noticed a bulge in the abdominal area. Either my body is using up a lot of food to make room for the little one, or this baby is one ravenous little creature and is really sucking up everything I eat! I wonder if this bodes ill for me as a hoping-to-be-breastfeeding mother?! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home