April 19, 2005

Annoyances

I had another doctor's appointment this morning, and there's still not much to report. Not much is going on in there. The doc did say that the baby's head is getting lower, but there's not much in the way of dilation. It is getting so uncomfortable having to sit in an office chair all day long. I'm ready for this baby to make his appearance! I need to work on my patience, but it's so hard when things are getting this uncomfy!

In the last two days I've gotten two of those stupid emails that tell you that if you don't pass it along to ten other people then some form of bad luck will befall you. I find these emails to be really annoying, and I just don't fall for them. Generally, the only times I pass emails on anymore is if they're extremely funny or, sometimes, very sentimental. These good luck/bad luck emails are just silly to me, and I don't buy into them.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lenise said...

I'm sorry you've been so uncomfortable. At least you don't have sweltering heat to deal with on top of everything else- thank goodness for small favors.

I join you in saying "bah!" to empty superstition.

12:23 PM  
Blogger KYP said...

Dear Cathy! Sorry you aren't comfortable--hopefully the little guy will make his appearance soon. As to silly superstition...there's a mosaic of an eagle on Georgetown campus that everybody but me religiously avoids stepping on. I have been known to jump up and down on it out of sheer cussedness. I think I'll go downstairs now, spill some salt and do a little dance in it, just to be contrary! I hate superstitions. Think about all the poor black kitties who have been maligned over the years!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Wasn't there also a silly superstition at W&L that portended something similar to the Georgetown one? Something to the effect of, if you stepped through the central pillars of Graham-Lees dorm, you would fail your next exam, or some crud like that?

4:09 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

Now that you mention it, Cathy, it does sound familiar. WhatEVer.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

All together, now: "PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES! RAH RAH RAH!"

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home