May 16, 2005

Growth Spurts Are Tough On Everyone

At least I'm assuming it was a growth spurt we were dealing with yesterday. Jonah did not want to sleep at all during the day. The longest we could get him to go down for was about half an hour, but mostly he would doze off as I fed him, we'd set him down, and not five minutes later he'd be awake and screaming. The only thing that seemed to pacify him was being latched on to me, which made getting anything done (such as eating meals and going to the bathroom) rather difficult. Yesterday was tough on all of us, and it really made me dread today, which is Josh's first day back at work. So far, though, today has been better. Jonah is currently napping on the bed, andI have the monitor on and am going up to check on him every so often. I hope the rest of the day goes as smoothly!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lenise said...

Oh, I remember those days. Sorry!! Maybe he'll sleep extra today to make up for all the turmoil yesterday.

11:31 AM  
Blogger KYP said...

Yup--my sister's dealing with much the same thing, too. Sympathy! And thanks for the picture....
I'm working on my last 2 papers, but hope to be finished in a couple of days, and then will be handy for helping out, if you need me.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

Incidentally, teething isn't any fun either!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home