December 21, 2005

Something I Can Really Sink My Teeth Into

Jonah now has two upper teeth coming in in addition to the two bottom ones he already has. I think they've been giving him some pain during the past several days because he's been just a touch on the fussy side and not sleeping all that well at night. We gave him a dose of infant Tylenol tonight to see if that will help him sleep a bit better. Here's hoping because I could use the rest!

On a funnier note, Jonah has done something incredibly funny a couple of times over the past week. With the discovery of his teeth, he has develped a taste for just about anything he can get to his mouth and bite on (Mommy and Daddy's fingers are especially tasty, apparently), including my leg. He will occasionally just bend over and chomp down on a particularly juicy-looking portion of leg. Sometimes when he executes this move, he emits something that sounds like a snarl! I either have a very carniverous baby on my hands or he's leaning towards cannibalism. I hope it's the former! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger KYP said...

Ah, he's a now officially a little ankle-biter (although, from your description, it sounds as if he's not limiting himself to ankles!) :)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

Yep, sounds familiar. I keep hoping it will stop! It HAS let up a little, thankfully!

BTW, Jay got some baby Tylenol tonight for the same reason. He slept well last night, but woke about an hour after he went to sleep. He said "Mom" when I was carrying him back to his crib (I had been employing the face-down lap-lying jiggle maneuver which works so well for Paul), and then another "Mom mom" or two after he was in bed. The jiggle did well by me, too, since he didn't cry after I replaced him in his bed!

It was sweet =]

9:05 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

Well, it worked short-term, anyway =-7

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy, we loved the picture of little Jonah you sent in your Christmas card! I also enjoy your blog pictures. Christy is going to have to post some of her little godbaby Julia. She's crawling well now and getting into everything. Fortunately she has only one tooth, so she's not chawing down on people yet!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home