February 14, 2006

He

For the various "he"'s in my life. Can you guess who they are?


His hand in mine
Supports me as I take my first tentative steps
Provides a firm foundation from which to grow
To learn from joy and sorrow
And become the woman I will be
He is love
In every rebuke when I go astray
In every reassurance when I stumble
In every embrace that mends the hurts of body and heart
He is love

His hand in mine
Signifies an enduring journey
Seeks for me to walk beside him
To sacrifice my oneness not my uniqueness
And respond in favor of a greater whole
He is love
In every act of acceptance
In every affectionate glance
In every warm and gentle kiss
He is love

He hand in mine
Holds on with boundless trust
Asks me to nurture him body and spirit
To soothe his tearful hurts
And share his daily triumphs
He is love
In every small gesture
In every innocent smile
In every single moment of his existence
He is love

His hand in mine
Grants forgiveness and peace if I only ask for it
Promises forever if I would only follow him
To place the keeping of my all with him
And set unnecessary things aside
He is love
In every gentle pull that leads me in his way
In every word that always speaks the truth
In every reminder that he is the essence and source of all life
He is love

3 Comments:

Blogger Lenise said...

Cathy, this is beautiful!! You ought to get this framed and /or set to music =]

11:17 PM  
Blogger KYP said...

Cathy, you have a great gift for poetry. That is lovely beyond any words I can express (yours speak for themselves). I teared up, seriously. I agree with Lenise: framed or set to music, or both.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Thanks, you guys! I don't write as much as I used to in high school and college, but every now and then I get inspired! :)

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home