March 19, 2006

And Illness Comes Full Circle

Well, I guess I couldn't really expect Jonah to not get sick at some point. After all, since Josh and I spent most of January with one or both of us sick, Jonah was bound to get something sometime. And he has.

After he came down with a fever on Wenesday night, we took him to the pediatrician's office on Thursday morning where he was diagnosed with an ear infection. We've been giving him antibiotics ever since along with occasional doses of infant Motrin to deal with the fever, which he just finally kicked last night. He is currently fever-free, but we have to continue with the antibioitcs through its ten-day course to make sure the infection goes away.

As much as I love having Jonah cuddle with me, it's actually pretty sad to have him be so lethargic and clingy when he doesn't feel well. It's much more reassuring to have him feeling playful with the occasional move over to me just to check in before going on with whatever he was doing, so here's hoping that he's on the mend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lenise said...

Awww... poor kid! Our first unscheduled visit to Jay's doc was last Monday, but thankfully he didn't need abx. Since I just finished my fifth (!) course of abx since November (and that's not counting the antiviral), I've probably had the whole household's share, and then some.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home