July 12, 2006

Prayers Needed

Over the past several weeks, I have been to my ophthalmologist's office at Johns Hopkins University's Wilmer Eye Institue more frequently than what had been usual. I've been going there for ongoing and routine checkups for the past several years because it is probably the best ophthalmology center in this area, and, as those few of you who read this blog know, I've had severe eye problems for most of my life. I've had surgery on my eyes more times than I can remember at present, though I think it numbers around eight. In short, my eyes have been a source of some very real problems for me almost all my life.

Well, I have to have surgery again. This time, it will be on my right eye, and it will be to place an implant in my eye that will help to relieve the pressure that has been buiilding up for the past several weeks. I am scared and depressed at the moment. This is not something I am looking forward to. I know it is necessary since no medication has been able to help in relieving the pressure, but that does not make the prospect of surgery any more palatable.

Please pray for me. I've been through surgery before, but it is still a frightening thing for me to contemplate. Please pray that my courage will be bolstered, that I will stop feeling depressed because I know there is a significant link between mind and body and I need to go into this with a positive attitude, and simply that the surgery will go well.

I don't know when the surgery will be. My doctor's coordinator is supposed to call sometime in the next few days to schedule a date and time. I will keep you posted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lenise said...

So sorry to hear it. I will certainly pray for you! Do you have some good reading material? Trollope is usually fun, though Wodehouse is good for the occasional LOL moment. Anything Bertie or Jeeves should be good for some laughs!

12:18 PM  
Blogger KYP said...

I'll be praying, too! I know this is not a cheering development. :( Let me know if I can be of help in any way... And speaking of which, would you still like to have a girls night out on Friday and see the Pirates movie? Love!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home