February 01, 2008

This Morning's Conversations

This one occurred on the stairs heading down to breakfast (note: it's rainy and miserable today):

Jonah: What is the weather today?
Me: It's rainy and yucky today.
J: Three things, Mommy!
M: OK, it's rainy, wet, and yucky today.
J: Yes, and it's cold, too!
M: Yes, it is cold. That makes four things!

I'm being outwitted by my toddler!

This one happened as I was getting Jonah dressed. He had picked out his builder shirt, so I just thought I'd ask:

M: Do you want to be a builder?
J: No.
M: What do you want to be when you grow up? A doctor?
J: No.
M: A consultant like Daddy?
J: No.
M: An accountant like Mommy?
J: No.
M: Do you want to be an astronaut and go to the moon?
J: Yes, that'll be good!

A kid with a plan!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Hey, I'd rather be outwitted by Jonah than by my cat (didn't we have this conversation??)

;)
L

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home