October 21, 2004

A Change of Plans

Josh was supposed to go in for dental surgery this afternoon to clean out an infected area above one of his teeth, but due to a cold that has plagued him for the last couple of days he decided to reschedule the procedure. He's staying home today and (hopefully) getting plenty of rest (I say "hopefully" because I'm worried about his workaholic tendencies that might prompt him to do significant amounts of work from home when he should be resting).

My original plan was to take the afternoon off in order to help him out as needed since we both assumed he'd be loopy from going under for the procedure and would be a little too groggy and in too much pain to be by himself. In order to do this, I was going to have to miss a mandatory workshop at my church for those who are interested in becoming lectors (readers for the first and second readings of Mass). I'd been planning to attend the workshop for about a month and was looking forward to being a lector again, having been one during my last couple of years at W&L. However, I considered staying with Josh to be my top priority, so I was going to skip the workshop.

As it turns out, I won't have to miss the workshop after all, and this means that I'll be reading at Mass again for the first time in over seven years. Please pray for me as I begin this new service to Our Lord. Even though I've done this before, it's a bit different to read in front of the 1,000 people who attend each service at St. Mark's in Vienna, VA, compared to the couple hundred who showed up at St. Patrick's in Lexington, VA!

Please also pray for Josh's speedy recovery!

1 Comments:

Blogger KYP said...

Will definitely be praying for both of you! I will enjoy hearing you read one of these days!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home