February 21, 2008

One Way to Say No

Last Saturday we went over to my parents' house to drop Jonah off for the night (this turned out to be our first SUCCESSFUL attempt to leave him overnight so we could have an evening to ourselves - the previous attempt did not go so well because Jonah came down with a 102 degree fever, and we had to call the night short). On the drive over we allowed Jonah to have one of the lollipops he'd gotten from one of his classmates for Valentine's Day, and he was still blissfully nursing the candy when we arrived at my folks' house. When we got in, my mom playfully asked Jonah if she could have some of his lollipop, and this was his response:

"Maybe next time I'lll buy you some lollipops."

That's my son - so polite and yet so greedy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home