July 28, 2008

Nashville





My trip to Nashville went very smoothly. I arrived early Saturday afternoon, killed a couple of hours by walking around Vanderbilt University's campus and the nearby Centenniel Park with its replica of the Parthnon (complete with a huge statue of Athena), hung out in my hotel room for a bit before getting cleaned up, saw my friend Leah get hitched, went back to the hotel to sleep (well, not really - I never sleep well on that first night away from home - so I ended up tossing and turning before finally getting up at 6:15 - UGH!), saw another friend Paul Saboe and his wife on Sunday morning, then headed back to the airport to await my flight home. This was where the only snag in the whole trip came in (other than the not even being able to sleep in on my first night away from Jonah!): my flight was delayed by two hours due to thunderstorms in DC. All in all, it was a nice trip.

And Josh admirably managed to take care of Jonah all by himself for the weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lenise said...

Good thing I didn't place a bet!

I'm glad your trip went OK- how's PS? I haven't seen him in ages... Joe was down here at some point, though again, it's been years and years!

1:35 PM  
Blogger KYP said...

Glad you had a good trip--didn't know about the Parthenon in Nashville. Why?!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home