November 07, 2004

The Necessity of Clothing

On this, the eve of Josh's and my week-long trip to London, I finally got the chance to go out shopping for maternity clothes, mainly pants. Over the course of the last several weeks, I had begun to notice a slight tightening in the waist and stomach of a great number of my regular pants, so I knew it was time to shop for bigger and stretchier attire.

People have always sort of laughed at me when I say I have a difficult time finding clothes that fit me. "You're a size 2 - what a hardship," is the general gist of what I typically hear. What they don't understand is that manufacturers typically only make a relatively small number of items in size 2 (there are lots more size 6's and 8's, for example, in any given shipment), which means that if I don't get to a store that may have just recently put out a batch of clothing I will most likely not find anything in my size. This proved to be the case with maternity clothes today.

We tried Target first, which had a very limited selection in my size. We then had to go to two Old Navy's (the first one didn't carry maternity clothes), which proved to have much more variety for me. I find myself being very grateful to Old Navy, which is strange because I used to say that I would never set foot in one due to my hatred of their commerccials, especially the ones with the old lady and the dog.

I guess this proves that one should never say never.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lenise said...

Don't worry if things are a little bit big. I bought a maternity dress in size M, which used to fit, but I outgrew it by the end of the second trimester or something. Kohl's has pretty good deals on maternity and baby clothes, BTW.

Also, I wish I had started to think about my postpartum wear when I was maternity shopping. Two-piece outfits are what you want for breastfeeding, and I only have one skirt that fits me these days! I'm going to need to look into more elastic-waist skirts (since maybe I'll lose weight someday!) and maybe a button-down dress or two (the ones I used to wear won't button over my chest anymore). C'est la vie!

So when are you coming to see us? ;)

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home