December 23, 2004

Kicking Up a Storm

Actually, it feels more like poking, but Baby Cook is definitely making his presence known in ways other than my bulging belly! I've been trying to get Josh to feel some of this activity, but so far to no avail. He just can't seem to be there at the right time, despite my encouragements to Baby, "C'mon, kick Daddy!"

Josh's mom and brother are coming in today, so we're looking forward to a fairly busy Christmas weekend what with the driving to my parents' house for Christmas Day and the other bustle that comes from having guests staying over. It should be lots of fun, though!

I wish everyone out there a very blessed Christmas and New Year! I hope that many of us remember that Christmas is not just about getting presents - there is a greater Presence that we should all remember and be grateful for!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lenise said...

I'm thinking it's good that we scaled back on Christmas this year- I just wish we could get the rest of the family to follow suit, so I don't feel guilty! We didn't really buy anything for Jay this year- at 3 months, he really doesn't care for "stuff", though he's starting to notice his toys and handle them- and I just feel like I was way too excited about the stuff when I was a kid.

5:51 PM  
Blogger KYP said...

Dear Cathy,
Dear Cathy,
It's too late to call you, but I wanted to express, somehow (and right now), my gratitude for those CDs! As I said on my own blog, it is delightful not to be dreading another ten hours' worth of radio-channel flipping, and instead having good traveling music to hum along to. Thank you so much--and for the Christmas card to the parentals, too!--I am looking forward to seeing you in the new year and "gifting" you, too!
Love!
Christina
P.S. I LOVE the encouragement you are giving to the Cooklet, and congrats on the good first reading. :-)

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home