December 03, 2004

More on Clothes

In addition to the maternity pants I had to buy (or go pantless to work - not the best way to put your best self forward!), I now find myself needing to find a maternity cocktail dress, or at least get something a few sizes bigger than I would normally get, in order to accompany Josh to his company's holiday shindig tomorrow night. And, of course, in addition to the maternity cocktail dress, I'm going to need maternity pantyhose, and from what I've heard maternity pantyhose is anything but cheap ($20 - $30 a pair - yikes!).

On a less frantic but still a clothes-related note, next Friday we go in for our second ultrasound, and we'll get to find out if our little swee' pea is a boy or a girl, which means we'll know whether to buy pink and frilly clothing or more boyish attire!

5 Comments:

Blogger KYP said...

You'll find out unless your little sweet pea is terribly modest, like my sister's baby...they went in for their second ultrasound last week and the tiny legs were crossed over the little crotch...so they still don't know the child's sex! I guess we're just going to have to buy things in green and yellow, but the problem is that my sister looks terrible in both those colors!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you were joking that you were planning to perpetuate gender stereotypes by buying pink/"girly" things for a girl and blue/"masculine" things for a boy. It'd be a shame for a child to have so much decided about who you expect them to be even before they can talk or walk...

7:20 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

I'm sure your child will develop his/her own personality, irrespective of attire. And it IS nice for the outside world to know whether to call the munchkin "he" or "she"!

BTW, have you looked into thigh-highs?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

And while I'm at it- it's not easy to buy gender-neutral clothes for babies. It made me wonder if we were the ONLY ones wanting a surprise!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

While I fully intend to allow my child to develop as he/she will in the fullness of time, the fact of the matter is that the vast majority of baby clothes come in pinks for girls and blues for boys. It has nothing to do with gender stereotyping, simply a matter of course and a means of expressing my desire to know if I am carrying a precious little boy or precious little girl.

Len, as it turns out, I found maternity pantyhose at Macy's for A LOT less than I was expecting. We're talking around $4-$7 a pair. What a relief! I also founda a dress, not in the maternity section, but a dress in a size a couple of sizes larger than I would have bought pre-baby. And I mangesed to get a discount that made the purchase not too painful on the checking account.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home