December 28, 2004

We Have Contact!

Over the Christmas weekend Baby Cook successfully kicked his Daddy! It was a very special moment for Josh - he was so excited!

It was a very good weekend in other ways, too. Josh's mom and brother had come down from Pittsburgh, and we all spent some time with my parents on Christmas day, having the traditional Christmas feast (I spent Christmas Eve with my parents so I could get up early the next morning to help prepare the stuffing and get the turkey in the oven) and opening presents. Baby Cook, despite not even being born yet, is already being spoiled rotten by the grandparents and his Uncle Ben because the vast majority of what Josh and I received were baby-related items. I definitely won't complain, though, because that just means there's less that we have to buy ourselves! :)

The day after Christmas, we all gathered back at our place to have what Josh considers his traditional Christmas meal. Apparently in Scandinavia, they prepare a seafood meal, so Josh's mom, being 100% Swedish by birth, always made shrimp and lobster for Christmas instead of turkey. I wanted to keep this up for him, his mom, and his brother, so I bought some lobster tails and some shrimp, made a big salad, and baked some potatoes in the microwave to make a fairly simple but sizable Scandinavian feast. The lobsters can be a little messy what with having to battle with the shell to get at the meat, but it's all part of the fun!

This week it's back to work since I don't have any more vacation to take at the moment. Luckily, its bound to be a slow week because almost everbody else is on vacation for the holidays. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to another three-day weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger Lenise said...

It took Paul and Jay a while to connect, too. Of course now we're trying to get him to stop kicking, hitting, and pulling hair. *Sigh*

6:42 PM  
Blogger Lenise said...

I forgot to mention the pinching. It's true what they say about being hurt by the ones you love ;)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

He just loves you so much that he can't keep his hands (or feet) off you! :)

2:17 PM  
Blogger KYP said...

I'm glad that son finally connected with father! :-) And that after-Christmas meal sounds delicious--turkey can get a bit tiresome after a while. Thanks so much--again--for those CDs! I love having packages to open.
Christina

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crikey! One minute I'm searching the web for things on how to cook turkey, and the next I'm reading this post. I'm not sure that's exactlly what I had in mind, C hy, but I've enjoyed my visit. Now I'm off to try another search on how to cook turkey.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could understand how doing a search for how to cook rice got me to this post. Not that I mind, you understand C hy. It's just that I don't think it's exactly what I was looking for :0)

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home