March 16, 2008

A Difficult Choice

Tonight I was reading a book to Jonah called "Taking Care of the Class Pet," a book in a series called The Best Me I Can Be. It's a cute little book about a boy who gets to take home the class hamster for the weekend, gets invited to go camping with a friend, and then has to decide whether to step up to the responsibility of taking care of the hamster or go with his friend. Of course, he ultimately decides to stay home with the hamster. The last page in each book of the series concludes with a question related to the moral of the story, and in this particular one the question is "What difficult choices have you had to make?" So Josh and I ask Jonah if he's ever had to make any tough decisions, not really expecting him to come up with anything, just thinking that we could get him to just think about the tough decision in the story, but he almost immediately replies, "Not to eat stuff on the floor." Josh and I just started laughing. I guess we just assumed this was a no-brainer - we don't eat stuff off of the floor, but I guess it's not so clear to a toddler!

1 Comments:

Blogger KYP said...

:)

This also makes me wonder whether a girl would have mentioned the same "tough decision," or if this is more of a young male thing!

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home